Sunday, April 26, 2009

Exx, you are fired!

This morning, when I woke up for Fajr prayer, I was disturbed by an incoming sms from my staff. She 'informed' me that she is on leave, ada kat kampung, ada masalah family.

What a terrible sms!

She was not asking my permission to take leave. Instead she just informed me. Who am I? Her staff or peer? For God sake, I am her bos, her majikan!

So, what was my reply?

Exx, you are fired!

(Ini macam dalam program Donald Trump jer..hehehe)

Well, what to do?
That is the best thing for me to do, to teach her a lesson. A terrible lesson!
Actually I really hate it. I really hate what I've done to her.
But, I am just a human. And I am just being humane too.

Previously for the past one month, since she joined my company, I have given her a few emergency leaves, out of compassion. Very flexible...
Mostly due to her fiancee, engagement matters.
I have given due tolerance, although she has just joined the company.

As far as I could remember, most companies wont allow a new staff to go on leave during probation or within the first 3 months.
So, considering she is planning to get married this year, I gave her quite a large area of negotiation and compassion.

But as I said, I am just a human.
I don't always have such a beautiful, softy heart all the time.
I am a very tolerant person, very flexible and negotiable, as far as worldly matters are concerned. But as I said, there is always a limit to any tolerance.
This morning was the limit. It was a very hard decision for me. A terrible one of course.

Business have to go on, with or without her.
So far her performance has not been to my expectation.
A slow performer. Yet I have tried to go along with her slowness, reminding her of her slow speed and the need to buck up.
Now, it seems that she just took it for granted. She just took my soft reminder for granted... Not knowing that I have a tiger within, waiting for the right time to kill, if necessary.

You have indeed spoilt my day!!!


What lesson(s) could we learn?

You guys could be the judges...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment